Why work for us
The work we do today, matters for tomorrow.
Our role and functions are diverse. We work to:
- develop and implement a national response to climate change and reduce Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions by supporting technological innovation in clean and renewable energy and environmental practices.
- support the affordable, reliable and secure supply of energy and competitive operation of energy markets for the Australian community
- improve the energy efficiency, productivity and performance of Australian households and businesses
- support stewardship and sustainable management of Australia’s environment and our unique heritage
- advance Australia’s strategic, scientific and environmental interests in the Antarctic and Southern Ocean
- support the sustainable management and productive use of Australia’s water resources
Awards and employer partners
As an organisation, we are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and respected, and where we work together and leverage the benefit of our diversity.
We are a CPA Australia Recognised Employer Partner. We are committed to supporting the professional development of our staff.
Apply for a job
We offer a range of jobs in different fields and locations, both in Australia and overseas. Opportunities include permanent and temporary positions, statutory positions and board appointments.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
We recognise the important perspective Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people bring to our work. We actively build a culturally safe workplace and encourage you to apply for a job with us.
People with a disability
We support the employment and career development of people with a disability. We create an inclusive and supportive workplace for our staff.
We offer a special program for graduate employees. After completing the program, you will become a ongoing staff member.
We strive for a workplace where we support each individual to reach their full potential.