We offer exciting opportunities across different areas of expertise. Our staff work around Australia and overseas. Ongoing (permanent) and non-ongoing (temporary) roles are available.
While our department takes shape, you can find the following current vacancies:
- Current Vacancies
- Climate change and energy portfolio jobs (Department of Industry, Science and Resources careers website)
Temporary job register
The Temporary Employment Register enables us to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals at short notice for short term employment opportunities. Positions available through the Temporary Employment Register will be for a fixed term and may be on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, depending on the business needs and requirements.
You can register your interest in non-ongoing opportunities with the Department. Complete an application in our online recruitment system. Applications will remain on our temporary register for six months. After this date your application will be deleted, and you will need to reapply online if you are still interested in working with the Department.
To work with us you need to:
- be an Australian citizen
- complete 6 months of probation
- have a pre-employment medical assessment
- character and police checks
- reference checks
- formal qualifications checks, if applicable
You can’t apply if you have recently received a redundancy from another public service agency. You must wait until your redundancy period expires.
Salary and conditions
On 3 September 2022, the Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon Katy Gallagher, signed a determination under section 24(3) of the Public Service Act 1999 that sets the terms and conditions of employment for non-SES staff in DCCEEW. The determination took effect from 7 September 2022.
The determination applies the Department of the Environment and Energy Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 (DoEE EA), and a supporting schedule of current salaries that supplement the DoEE EA, to non-SES staff within DCCEEW.
A copy of the determination, the DoEE EA and applicable salary and allowances can be accessed via the following links:
- Public Service (Terms and Conditions of Employment) Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water) Determination 2022 (Section 24(3) Determination) (PDF 2.12 MB)
- Department of the Environment and Energy Enterprise Agreement 2016-19 (DoEE EA) (PDF 1.32 MB)
- Department of the Environment and Energy Enterprise Agreement 2016-19 (DoEE EA) (DOCX 874 KB)
- Schedule of Salaries and Allowances (PDF 346 KB)
- Schedule of Salaries and Allowances (DOCX 89 KB)
When you apply
Make sure you:
- have read the job description and selection criteria
- apply by the specified closing date
What to include
You will need to:
- write a statement of claims addressing the selection criteria
- attach an up-to-date resume
- include details of at least 2 referees
Additional screening to assess your suitability may be required in some cases.
We work to enable all applicants with relevant skills and experience.
If you need special assistance, such as wheelchair access, include this on your application cover sheet.
For available board positions, see: