Geoscience Australia partnered with us to launch the 2021 Offshore Greenhouse Gas Storage Acreage Release on 6 December 2021.
We launched the acreage release by webinar. Over 200 viewers joined the webinar from more than 80 organisations around the world.
Minister for Resources and Water, the Hon Keith Pitt MP, announced the 5 offshore areas for bidding at the webinar. It also included presentations from Geoscience Australia and National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA) representatives:
- Ms Kristina Anastasi (Geoscience Australia): Australian Government policy drivers.
- Dr Andrew Feitz (Geoscience Australia): Introduction to offshore CO2 geological storage.
- Dr Tom Bernecker (Geoscience Australia): Geological overview of release areas.
- Dr Monica Campi (NOPTA): Submission process for acreage release bids.
- Access the 2021 Offshore Greenhouse Gas Storage Acreage Release.
- The acreage release is an initiative to support the deployment of carbon capture and storage.
- Read about how we regulate offshore greenhouse gas storage in Australian Commonwealth waters.
- Learn more about the offshore greenhouse gas storage acreage release process.
Connect with us
Subscribe to the Australian Petroleum News (APN) to keep up to date with the latest information on the acreage release.