Originally published 20 December 2023.
We are seeking experts to apply for the Biodiversity Assessment Expert Reference Group.
This group will provide independent advice to the department on the design and implementation of the science and knowledge system that will underpin the Nature Repair Market.
As part of the Nature Positive Plan, the Australian Government is establishing the Nature Repair Market. The scheme will make it easier for businesses, organisations, governments, and individuals to invest in projects that protect, manage, and restore nature.
The Biodiversity Assessment Expert Reference Group will help ensure that the Nature Repair Market is:
- informed by science and
- enables First Nations people to contribute their unique knowledge, on their terms.
Terms of Reference
To be eligible to apply, you need to:
- live in Australia
- understand that the group's membership will be public
- be able to actively participate in reference group activities
- agree to the proposed remuneration arrangements and draft terms of appointment.
Up to 14 members will be appointed to the reference group for 12 months with possible extension to 24 months.
We are seeking applicants with extensive experience, knowledge and standing in at least one of the following fields:
- First Nations management of Country
- terrestrial, freshwater and/or marine ecology and biology
- terrestrial, freshwater and/or marine ecological communities/ecosystems
- invasive pathogens, flora and/or fauna
- fire ecology and disturbance
- ecological modelling
- landscape ecology
- biodiversity monitoring
- conservation, restoration and management
- on-ground restoration and management
- environmental standards and reporting
- environmental economics and finance
Information on the role, expectations and how to apply is available on AusTender.
Applications must be submitted via AusTender by 11:30pm AEDT Tuesday 6 February 2024.
Your application must include:
- a completed application form (in MS word or similar) – a template, including space for referee details, is available on AusTender.
- your CV (in MS word or similar).
If you have questions about this opportunity, please email the secretariat at email@example.com. To ensure all applicants have access to the same information, we may publish your question (anonymously) and our response on the AusTender website.
Please note that all questions must be received by 11:30pm AEDT 1 February 2024. Questions received after this date may not be responded to by the Department.