We are seeking expressions of interest from First Nations people who have a passion for, and know about, First Nations water management in the Great Artesian Basin.
We are looking for candidates to immediately fill 2 First Nations member positions on the Great Artesian Basin Stakeholder Advisory Committee.
The Great Artesian Basin Stakeholder Advisory Committee advises basin ministers on water matters in the Great Artesian Basin. This includes:
- sustainability of the artesian and sub-artesian water resources
- water’s environmental, economic, social and cultural significance
- whole-of-basin policies and initiatives being applied and developed by Basin governments
- implementation of the Great Artesian Basin Strategic Management Plan 2019.
The Australian Government Minister for the Environment and Water selects members to ensure the committee has a range of skills and knowledge. We’re looking for First Nations people who have skills, including cultural knowledge and experience:
- community engagement
- water resources policy
- water sciences
- cultural water management in the Great Artesian Basin.
Previous experience on advisory boards is desirable, but not mandatory.
If this sounds like you, you can find more information in the job package under downloads.