The Australian Government has released the Future Fuels and Vehicles Strategy.
The strategy aims to:
- reduce transport emissions
- support consumer choice
- reduce barriers to the uptake of hybrid, hydrogen, electric and biofuelled vehicles.
It will do this by:
- co-investing with the private sector in electric vehicle charging and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure
- focusing on commercial fleets
- improving information for motorists and fleets
- integrating battery electric vehicles into the electricity grid
- supporting Australian innovation and manufacturing.
The strategy is backed by the expanded $250 million Future Fuels Fund. Administered by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA), the fund will deliver important infrastructure and help businesses use low emission vehicles in their fleets.
These initiatives will give consumers more choice while encouraging industry development and job growth in Australia. They will also support Australia’s critical minerals and manufacturing sectors.
- Read the Future Fuels and Vehicles Strategy
- The Minister and the Prime Minister announced the strategy on 9 November 2021
- Read about our department’s emissions reduction strategies