The NEVS consultation gives every Australian the opportunity to shape our first national electric vehicle (EV) strategy.
We want your insights on:
- making EVs more affordable, encouraging uptake and choice
- increasing charging infrastructure
- reducing road transport emissions
- introducing fuel efficiency standards
- saving Australians money on fuel, and
- increasing local manufacturing.
Minister Chris Bowen and Minister Catherine King said at the heart of the Strategy will be a plan to align our goals nationally and consistently with our international commitments, and to help Australia become a globally competitive market for EVs, where households and businesses have access to the best modern transport technology.
- The Minister announced the consultation on 28 September 2022
- National Electric Vehicle Strategy consultation
- Read about our department’s climate change strategies