The Minister for Environment and Water has delivered a statement on Australia’s international environmental leadership.
The statement recognises that the triple planetary crisis of climate change, pollution and biodiversity loss demands strong environmental leadership at home and abroad.
It outlines how Australia is helping to achieve a stable Indo-Pacific, a sustainable planet, and a safer world:
- putting the environment front and centre
- re-establishing trust in the Pacific by bringing forward a serious environment agenda and giving direct support to our region
- collaborating with other countries and actively sharing solutions
- backing global action by adding Australia’s ambition to international agreements
- reinforcing global cooperation by doing the necessary work at home.