Australia’s vision is for a clean, innovative, safe and competitive hydrogen industry that benefits all Australians and is a major global player by 2030.
The COAG Energy Council agreed to the strategy at its meeting on 22 November.
Australia is well placed to be a major hydrogen producer. Australia has all the natural resources needed to produce it, a track record in building large-scale energy industries and a reputation as a proven partner to Asia’s biggest energy importers.
The strategy outlines:
- our clean hydrogen potential and how we can make the most of this opportunity
- future scenarios with wide ranging growth possibilities
- actions governments will take to support development of Australia’s hydrogen industry
Through this strategy, all of Australia’s governments are committing to remove barriers to industry development.
- The COAG Energy Council and Energy Ministers agreed to the strategy on 22 November 2019
- Commonwealth Ministers explained how Australia will become a world leader in hydrogen on 23 November 2019
- We support the growth of Australia’s hydrogen industry
Connect with us
Subscribe to Australian hydrogen strategy updates