Together with the Western Australian Government, we will increase access to renewable energy. We will do this by modernising electricity grids in the South West and North West regions.
We’re providing up to $3 billion of concessional finance for transmission projects. This new agreement is the fourth under the Rewiring the Nation plan.
The investment will connect wind and solar resources to homes, businesses and industry.
The Clean Energy Finance Corporation will approve loans and equity investments for:
- North West Interconnected System transmission projects
- South West Interconnected System transmission projects
Western Australia contributes 35% of emissions covered by the national Safeguard Mechanism. Pilbara facilities account for two-thirds of Western Australia’s emissions.
This agreement will assist:
- The Pilbara lowering emissions
- Australia to meet its emissions reduction targets
This follows Rewiring the Nation agreements with New South Wales, Tasmania and Victoria.
- Media release announcing $3 billion Rewiring the Nation deal to power WA jobs and growth
- Rewiring the Nation