The Carbon Farming Outreach Program will support Australian farmers and land managers to reduce emissions and store carbon.
This will help the agriculture and land sector play its part in Australia’s transition to net zero emissions.
The program will:
- support farmers and land managers to make decisions to reduce emissions and store carbon
- build capacity of trusted and independent advisers to deliver advice to farmers and land managers
- provide access to clear and culturally appropriate information on carbon farming.
This will help:
- farmers and land managers to make informed decisions to lower their emissions
- increase knowledge of greenhouse gas emission management amongst farmers and land managers
- trusted advisers to provide advice to farmers and land managers beyond the life of the program.
The program includes the development of a training package and tools. Grants will be awarded to advisers to deliver the training across Australia.
A training package is being developed on behalf of the Australian Government, by the University of Melbourne in partnership with the Indigenous Carbon Industry Network and Indigenous Professional Services.
The training package will be informed by:
- an audit of existing information, resources and tools
- consultation with stakeholders
- advice from stakeholders and First Nations reference committees.
The training package will be refined through user testing and evaluation processes. The training package will be available through our website in 2024.
The Australian Government is providing $17.5 million in grants to independent advisers.
The grant opportunity was open from 13 June to 14 August 2023. For up to date information on the outcomes of the grants process visit business.gov.au.
- deliver training and advice to Australian farmers and land managers, including First Nations peoples
- be provided with a training package and support
- participate in train-the trainer sessions and networking opportunities
- deliver training and advice to farmers and land managers from 2024.
- Carbon Farming Outreach Program grant opportunity (closed)
- Our climate change strategies
- Our policies and programs to reduce emissions in the agriculture and land sectors