This Methodology Determination (method) implements the VCS methodology VM0010—Methodology for improved forest management: Conversion from logged to protected forest.
This method was only available to projects registered under the VCS method that were then registered under the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) before 30 June 2015. Under the method, crediting is based on avoided emissions from protecting and not harvesting native forests on private land.
Using the method
The Clean Energy Regulator develops the methods and manages project registration, compliance and crediting emissions reductions for projects under the ERF.
Consultation on the method
The Emissions Reduction Assurance Committee (ERAC) conducts public consultations before giving advice about making or varying a method. Once finalised the ERAC advises the Minister on whether the new or varied method meets the offsets integrity standards.
- Read about the method under the Verified Carbon Standard
- Environmental data for the ERF is available on data.gov.au
- This method is enabled by the Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) Act 2011 which also enables the 2015 Rule and 2011 Regulations
- Read about the Emissions Reduction Fund, including our department’s role.
- Read about method development and available methods.