Dr Alan Finkel was Special Adviser to the Australian Government on Low Emissions Technology from December 2020 to November 2022.
As Special Adviser, Dr Finkel brokered seven international partnerships on clean energy. Partnerships are in place with the United States, Germany, India, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. These partnerships seek to advance practical action on climate change and build new clean energy industries.
Dr Finkel was also the Chair of the Technology Investment Advisory Council from March 2021 until March 2023.
About Dr Alan Finkel
Dr Finkel is a neuroscientist, engineer and entrepreneur. He served as Australia’s Chief Scientist from 2016 to 2020.
Dr Finkel led the development of the:
- Technology Investment Roadmap (2020-2021)
- Australia’s National Hydrogen Strategy (2019)
- Review into the National Electricity Market (“Finkel Review”) (2017)
- Expert Advisory Panel for the CSIRO Report on Climate and Disaster Resilience (2020)
- STEM Industry Partnership Forum report (2018)
- National Research Infrastructure Roadmap (2016).
At the request of National Cabinet, he led a systems and operations review in all states and territories to enable efficient COVID-19 testing, contact tracing, outbreak management and exchange of case and outbreak data.