This report provides detail on emissions trends, including sector specific analysis of factors driving emissions. These projections updates the baseline projections in Australia's emissions projections 2016.
The Methodology for the 2017 Projections document provides information on how the department estimated the 2017 projections of greenhouse gas emissions. This methodology was prepared in response to the Australian National Audit Office's recommendation to expand the release of emissions projections information key data inputs, assumptions, formulas and methods.
Note that Figure 4 in Australia's Emissions Projections 2017 and the associated chart data include an error which shows the 2016 emissions projection at 616 Mt CO2-e in 2030 rather the correct value of 592 Mt CO2-e . To obtain the 2016 emissions projections results, please see Australia's Emissions Projections 2016.
- Tracking to Australia's emissions reduction targets - fact sheet updated 22 January 2019 [176.18KB PDF] [196.03KB DOCX]
- Methodology for the 2017 projections [607.57KB PDF] [137.52KB DOCX]
- Australia's emissions projections - chart data [597.14KB XLSX]
- Australia’s emissions projections 2019
- Australia’s emissions projections 2018
- Australia’s emissions projections 2016
- Australia’s emissions projections 2014-2015
- Australia’s emissions projections 2013
- Read how we project and forecast greenhouse gas emissions