Climate Active is a partnership between the Australian Government and Australian businesses to encourage voluntary climate action. Climate Active certification is awarded to businesses that have credibly reached net zero emissions.
The Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Trade Mark (Certification Trade Mark) gives businesses and organisations a credible stamp against their carbon neutral claim. This provides consumers with carbon neutral purchasing options.
Entities can only use the Certification Trade Mark if they have approval and a licence agreement in place with Climate Active. Entities that are certified as carbon neutral for their organisation, product and service, building, precinct or event may be approved to use the Certification Trade Mark to communicate that they have achieved such carbon neutrality.
When and how to use the Certification Trade Mark is set out in the user guide. It contains:
- the Certification Trade Mark conditions of use
- the compliance processes undertaken to ensure the integrity of the Certification Trade Mark and market recognition
- the process for initial use of the Certification Trade Mark and ongoing requirements
- the visual style guide including graphic standards, colours, minimum size, position and spacing
All approved users must use the Certification Trade Mark in accordance with this user guide and the Terms and Conditions agreed between the approved user and Climate Active.
- Visit the Climate Active website
- View the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard for Buildings
- View the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard for Events
- View the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard for Organisations
- View the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard for Precincts
- View the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard for Products and Services
Email climate.active [at] industry.gov.au
If you experience any difficulty accessing this document, please contact us.