The National Greenhouse Accounts are a series of comprehensive reports and databases that estimate, and account for, Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions. The 2019 accounts cover the time period 1990-2019.
- fulfil Australia’s international greenhouse gas inventory reporting commitments
- provide the official basis for tracking progress towards, and assessing compliance with, Australia’s emission reduction commitments
- support domestic emission reduction policy design, implementation and evaluation
- inform future emission reduction commitments
National Inventory Report
Fulfils Australia’s international inventory reporting requirements under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Kyoto Protocol. Emission estimates prepared consistent with UNFCCC and Kyoto Protocol reporting requirements, and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Guidelines
State and Territory Greenhouse Gas Inventories
An overview of annual greenhouse gas emission estimates for each Australian state and territory. Calculated on a UNFCCC accounting basis.
Explore emission estimates by state and territory for 2019.
Explore emission estimates by state and territory for 1990-2019.
Explore emissions per capita and gross state product for 1990-2019.
See how we develop the state and territory greenhouse gas inventories.
National Inventory by Economic Sector
An overview of annual greenhouse gas emission estimates by economic sector per the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC).
Explore emission estimates by economic sector for 2019.
Explore emission estimates by economic sector for 1990-2019.
Explore estimates of scope 2 emissions from purchased electricity generation for 1990-2019, by economic sector.
See how we develop the national inventory by economic sector.
- How we track and report greenhouse gas emissions
- How we project and estimate greenhouse gas emissions
- How we fulfil Australia’s other reporting obligations under the UNFCCC
- Read previous issues of the National Inventory Report
- We also publish quarterly updates of Australia’s National Greenhouse Gas Inventory