Australian Government submission to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and its Kyoto Protocol
National Inventory Report Volume 1: 2015 [6.5MB PDF]
National Inventory Report Volume 2: 2015 [8.8MB PDF]
Australia’s National Greenhouse Accounts are made up of a series of comprehensive reports and databases that estimate, and account for, Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions. The National Inventory Report fulfils Australia’s international inventory reporting requirements.
We submitted Australia's National Inventory Report 2015 under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Kyoto Protocol in May 2017:
- Volume 1: Australia's data for energy (stationary energy, transport and fugitive emissions), industrial processes and product use, and agriculture.
- Volume 2: Australia's data for the Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF) and waste sectors, recalculations and improvements.
- Volume 3: Australia's data for Kyoto Protocol LULUCF, Kyoto Protocol accounting requirements, glossary and references.
The National Inventory Report contains:
- national greenhouse gas emission estimates for the period 1990-2015
- preliminary estimates for 2016
It follows UNFCCC and Kyoto Protocol reporting rules.
- View all National Inventory Reports
- See more reports and data from Australia's National Greenhouse Accounts
- Read how we updated land sector estimates in Australia's submission to the UNFCCC
- We also updated estimates based on evidence on fugitive emissions from the gas industry