The National Electric Vehicle Strategy sets a vision to increase the uptake of electric vehicles (EVs) to reduce our emissions and improve the wellbeing of Australians.
The Strategy sets out 3 key objectives:
- increase the supply of affordable and accessible EVs
- establish the resources, systems and infrastructure to enable rapid EV uptake
- encourage increased EV demand.
Implementing initiatives under the objectives will help us deliver the following outcomes:
- expand EV availability and choice
- reduce road transport emissions
- make it easy to charge EVs across Australia
- increase local manufacturing and recycling
- make EVs more affordable
- reduce the cost to Australians of running their vehicles.
We’re accelerating our nation to a future where Australians have greater choice. Where you can buy from a larger range of vehicles that are cleaner and cheaper to run.
The National Electric Vehicle Strategy (PDF 8.1 MB)
The National Electric Vehicle Strategy (DOCX 2.3 MB)
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.
What we heard from consultations
We have consulted across Australia with industry, unions, governments, business and other key stakeholders. We have heard from Australians they are ready and willing to make the switch to EVs.
More than 1,500 individuals and over 200 organisations provided their feedback.
Read the responses to the consultation.