Comments on this listing assessment closed 15 April 2020. The text and documents below remain available for reference only.
Comment on listing assessment
Invitation to comment
You are invited to provide your views and supporting reasons in relation to the eligibility of two species assessed by the Western Australian Government using the Common Assessment Method for inclusion on the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) threatened species list:
- Acacia dangarensis (PDF - 980.27 KB) – proposed listing as Critically Endangered
- Dendronephthya australis (Cauliflower Soft Coral) (PDF - 353.93 KB) – proposed listing as Endangered
- Nitella parooensis (a green alga) (PDF - 938.6 KB) – proposed listing as Critically Endangered
- Pomaderris walshii (Carrington Falls Pomaderris) (PDF - 430.69 KB) – proposed listing as Critically Endangered
- Zieria odorifera subsp. Warrabahensis (PDF - 450.29 KB) – proposed listing as Critically Endangered
- Zieria buxijugum (Box Range Zieria) (PDF - 539.54 KB) – proposed up-listing from Endangered to Critically Endangered
- the necessary conservation actions for the above subspecies.
Anyone may nominate a native species, ecological community or key threatening process for listing, transfer to a new category, or deletion from the threatened species list under the EPBC Act. The Threatened Species Scientific Committee (the Committee) undertakes the assessment of species to determine eligibility for inclusion on the list of threatened species and provides its recommendation to the Australian Government Minister for the Environment.
How can I get involved?
Read the consultation document
Consultation Document on Listing Eligibility and Conservation Actions - 6 species assessed by New South Wales (PDF - 48.25 KB)
Consultation Document on Listing Eligibility and Conservation Actions - 6 species assessed by New South Wales (DOCX - 42.97 KB)
Send your comments
The views of experts, stakeholders and the general public are welcome. Responses can be provided by any interested person.
Responses are required to be submitted by 15 April 2020.
Responses are to be provided in writing either by email to: email@example.com
or by mail to:
Species Information and Policy Section
Biodiversity Conservation Division
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
PO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601