The Northern Rivers Regional Biodiversity Management Plan (the Plan) constitutes the national regional recovery plan under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 for threatened species and ecological communities principally distributed in the Northern Rivers Region of NSW. The Plan is part of an Australian Government-funded pilot to trial the integration of regional recovery and threat abatement planning. It provides a regional approach to the delivery of recovery actions necessary to ensure the long-term viability of threatened species and ecological communities in the Region.
The Northern Rivers Region is an area relatively rich in biodiversity data. This has allowed for innovative and sophisticated analysis techniques to be used in this Plan for biodiversity assessment and identification of priority areas for conservation works. These outputs will help guide investment by the Australian Government, New South Wales Government and local authorities in the Region. Collaboration and partnerships will be essential for the implementation of the Plan.
The Plan considers all threats affecting biodiversity in the Region, including those associated with the potential impacts of climate change. The Plan also incorporates Indigenous cultural values and considerations into biodiversity management in the Region.
It is in this context that the Plan, in association with the approved Border Ranges Rainforest Biodiversity Management Plan (DECCW 2010), sets out an overall strategy for the conservation and restoration of biodiversity in the Northern Rivers Region.
- Appendix 2: Threatened species that are addressed only in the Border Ranges Rainforest Biodiversity Management Plan (PDF - 118 KB) | (RTF - 407 KB)
- Appendix 3: Recovery plans relevant to the Region (PDF - 102 KB) | (RTF - 250 KB)
- Appendix 5: Summary of existing strategies, policies and plans (PDF - 216 KB) | (RTF - 453 KB)
- Appendix 6: Organisations and individuals consulted during Plan preparation (PDF - 107 KB) | (RTF - 526 KB)
- Appendix 7: Indigenous community consultation (PDF - 148 KB) | (RTF - 814 KB)
- Appendix 8: Mechanisms and incentives to implement the Plan (PDF - 149 KB) | (RTF - 282 KB)
- Appendix 9: Landscape descriptions (PDF - 559 KB) | (RTF - 711 KB)
- Appendix 10: List of public land properties (PDF - 130 KB) | (RTF - 1,715 KB)
- Appendix 11: Vegetation formations, classes and communities (PDF - 180 KB) | (RTF - 586 KB)
- Appendix 12: Description of threatened ecological communities (PDF - 525 KB) | (RTF - 1,914 KB)
- Appendix 13: Ecological information on threatened entities (PDF - 203 KB) | (RTF - 2,051 KB)
- Appendix 14: Local Aboriginal land councils & Indigenous areas (PDF - 148 KB) | (RTF - 286 KB)
- Appendix 15: Threat rankings and information (PDF - 242 KB) | (RTF - 1,052 KB)
- Appendix 16: Terrestrial Biodiversity Forecasting Tool methodology (PDF - 735 KB) | (RTF - 1,392 KB)
- Appendix 17: Regional ecosystems not represented in the reserve system (PDF - 210 KB) | (RTF - 1,487 KB)
- Appendix 18: Planning for the persistence of river biodiversity in the Northern Rivers Region (PDF - 1,632 KB) | (RTF - 1,164 KB)
- Appendix 20: Bitou bush threat abatement plan sites (PDF - 102 KB) | (RTF -452 KB)
- Appendix 21: Road barriers to fish passage (PDF - 182 KB) | (RTF -308 KB)