News and alerts
See the latest updates from the Australian Government (australia.gov.au)
We are continuing to regulate environment protection while managing the health and safety of our staff and stakeholders.
COVID-19 restrictions may affect your ability to meet conditions attached to:
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) approvals and permits
- Environment Protection (Sea Dumping) Act 1981 permits.
What we are doing
We are continuing to operate in line with our compliance policy.
We will engage with approval and permit holders who may be affected.
What you need to do
If you hold an EPBC approval or permit, you must continue to meet its requirements.
You must undertake due diligence. This includes assessing compliance risks for your business.
The Australian Government has put in place a range of measures to slow the spread of COVID-19.
If you think they will impact your ability to comply, we suggest you put a business continuity plan in action.
This will ensure you meet requirements of your approval or permit conditions.
Contact us for advice if:
- you cannot meet a condition of your approval or permit
- your work may result in an unapproved significant impact to a matter of national environmental significance.
Email email@example.com and include:
- your EPBC approval or permit number
- the mitigation measures you have taken to avoid non-compliance or unapproved impacts.
If you need to vary your conditions
Email PostApproval@awe.gov.au to request a variation of your EPBC approval conditions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a variation of your EPBC permit conditions.
Phone (02) 6274 1372
Free call 1800 110 395