First Nations Australians have an important role in the National Landcare Program.
We support natural resource management (NRM) programs that:
- contribute to the Closing the Gap goals
- contribute to wider social benefits
- involve First Nations Australians in planning and delivering projects.
Including First Nations people and organisations in regional delivery
Regional NRM organisations have a central role in supporting First Nations participation. You should involve First Nations people in both the planning and delivery of all NLP investment. There are wider economic and social benefits.
As an organisation, you can achieve progress through activities such as:
- planning support
- using and respecting Indigenous ecological knowledge
- capacity building
- delivering on-ground activities including employment and contracting opportunities.