In 2017, we completed a review of the National Landcare Program's delivery arrangements.
We invited feedback from:
- community and industry groups
- government agencies
- expert advisory groups.
What we considered
The review considered the program's success:
- in improving outcomes for agriculture and the environment
- of regional organisations in delivering outcomes
- in building community and industry engagement.
We also considered the usefulness and suitability of the program's delivery arrangements.
How you had your say
You gave feedback through:
- an online survey
- roundtable meeting.
The National Landcare Advisory Committee prepared research reports and provided advice.
916 people responded through our survey.
More than half of respondents were from NRM local groups and NRM regional organisations. Only 4% of respondents were from Indigenous organisations.
21 NRM researchers, practitioners and policymakers met with us to give feedback.
What you said
- You were aware of the program’s objectives. You felt that they are aligned with government priorities as well as your own
- You were satisfied with the levels of community engagement
- Most regional organisations and grant recipient respondents felt that NLP is well implemented
- The vast majority of NRM stakeholders felt that the NLP had positive direct and indirect impact
- You identified some areas for improvement around NLP processes.
What happened next
We released a final report.
Report on the Review of the National Landcare Program (PDF 2MB)
Report on the Review of the National Landcare Program (DOCX 476KB)
National Landcare Program Stakeholder Survey (PDF 2.6MB)
National Landcare Program Stakeholder Survey (DOCX 1.2MB)
Natural Resource Management roundtable: Synthesis (PDF 536KB)
Natural Resource Management roundtable: Synthesis (DOCX 122KB)
Advice on the National Landcare Program Review (PDF 477KB)
Advice on the National Landcare Program Review (DOCX 242KB)
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.