The purpose of this plan is to outline the monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement (MERI) approach and responsibilities of National Landcare Program funding recipients and the Australian Government to ensure:
- funding recipients can track and report on project progress and achievements
- the Australian Government can track and report on program achievements, including impacts on the environment, natural resource base and community
- information collected along the way is used effectively, including by funding recipients and the Australian Government, to inform ongoing and future design and delivery of projects and programs
- accountability for public expenditure.
This plan is based on the Australian Government Natural Resource Management Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Improvement Framework and should be read in conjunction with the program guidelines that relate to the relevant funding component under the National Landcare Program.
Please read the supporting documents in conjunction with the National Landcare Program Monitoring and Reporting Plan.
Key performance indicators
- Find out more about monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement.