We have a long history of supporting natural resource management. Our projects and funding have helped state, regional and local organisations.
Programs under phase one
20 million trees
We exceeded our target of planting 20 million trees by the end of 2020.
We recognised how important regional organisations are in delivering NRM. We invested in Australia’s 56 NRM organisations.
We supported local community initiatives that focused on:
- taking action to restore local rivers and waterways
- tackling invasive weeds
- stopping the cane toad spread in the Kimberleys
- protecting our whales and dolphins.
Funding in phase one provided the following grants:
- 25th anniversary landcare grants
- innovation grants
- sustainable agriculture small grants
- target area grants
- world heritage grants.