Over 3 years from 2014-15 to 2016-17, we provided $600,000 of National Landcare Program funding to Clean Up Australia Limited and the Keep Australia Beautiful National Association to support a number of their programs.
Funding of up to $300,000 was provided to Clean Up Australia Limited to support:
- the annual Clean Up Australia Day campaign, which engages volunteers, businesses, schools and communities across Australia to participate in activities that clean up their local environments
- improved public education and awareness regarding litter and its reduction and prevention.
Funding of up to $300,000 was provided to the Keep Australia Beautiful National Association to support:
- annual national Keep Australia Beautiful Week campaigns that promote litter prevention and reduction
- National and State level awards that encourage and recognise community initiatives that improve the environment (e.g. Australian Tidy Towns Awards, Australian Clean Beaches Awards, Sustainable Communities Awards)
- the Eco-Schools Program, which supports schools to integrate litter education and prevention into their school action plans and curricula.
The Australian Government continues to support Keep Australian Beautiful with funding contributed by the Improving Your Local Parks and Environment Program to 2020 and the Environment Restoration Fund to 30 June 2022.