As of 23 February 2017, the Minister (or delegate) must cause certain particulars to be published on the Department’s website, in accordance with section 33 of the Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Act 1989 (the Act). These notices were previously published in the Australian Government Gazette.
The following notices are required to be published:
- each application and notice received by the Minister under this Part [Part 2—Import permits, export permits and transit permits] or under a set of Article 11 regulations;
- each Basel permit or special permit granted;
- each decision not to grant a Basel permit or special permit;
- each revocation of a Basel permit or special permit;
- each surrender of a Basel permit or special permit;
- each variation of a Basel permit or special permit; and
- each determination under section 13B.
Request a review
If your interests are affected by a permit decision, you can request the reasons for the decision within 28 days.
An application can also be made for an independent merits review of a permit decision within 28 days of receiving the reasons for a decision or within 28 days of the notice of a decision if the reasons for the decision are not sought.
For further information on how to apply for a review, visit the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
Contact the Hazardous Waste Section
Phone: 1800 920 528