How to apply
Ozone Licensing and Reporting System (OLARS)
Applications for all licences administered under the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989, as well as any related activities such as reporting on imports must be lodged online, through the Department’s Ozone Licensing and Reporting System (OLARS).
Your licence application will not be assessed until you pay the application fee (unless a fee waiver has been granted) and submit all required supporting documentation to the Department.
Click on a heading below or Show all | Hide all
Licence application forms
- Online application for an equipment licence (EQPL)
- Online application for a controlled substances licence for HCFCs (including application for HCFC quota)
- Online application for a controlled substances licence for synthetic greenhouse gases (HFCs/PFCs/SF6/NF3)
- Online application for an essential uses licence
- Online application for a used substance licence
- Online application for a methyl bromide licence
For information about completing licence application forms please read supporting documentation below.
Note: To avoid delays in the processing of your licence application please also provide the date of import in the supporting documentation that you attach to your application.
When applying for a licence or exemption under the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989 you will be required to provide supporting documentation and detailed information about yourself and your organisation (if applicable), as well as information about the proposed activity (e.g. import, export or manufacture of ozone depleting substances or synthetic greenhouse gases).
Information you will need to complete the application form, along with a list of supporting documentation you must submit with your application, is available for each licence:
Use this form to report gas contained in equipment, e.g. air-conditioning and refrigeration:
- Form 1: Report equipment - Report imports of ozone depleting substance and/or synthetic greenhouse gas equipment
Use these forms to report bulk gas, e.g. cylinders and tanks:
- Form 2: HCFC reporting - Report imports and/or exports of HCFCs
- Form 3: Synthetic greenhouse gas reporting - Report imports and/or exports of synthetic greenhouse gases (HFCs/PFCs)
- Form 4: Essential uses reporting - Report imports of scheduled substances for essential uses
- Form 5: Used substances reporting - Report imports and/or exports of used scheduled substances
- Form 6: Methyl bromide reporting form - Report imports and/or exports of methyl bromide
Transferring a licence
The Minister or delegate may transfer a licence from a current licence holder (the transferor) to another person* (the transferee). This must be done on a joint application by the current licence holder and the transferee.
As with a licence application, the Minister or delegate must not approve an application unless satisfied that the transferee is a fit and proper person to hold a licence. There is no fee for a licence transfer, however the new licensee (the transferee) will be required to report imports, exports and manufacture and pay import and manufacture levies. *(or incorporated body such as a proprietary or limited company).
Please note: If you just want to change the nominated contact details you do not transfer the licence. Nominated contact details can be changed using the updating details form below:
Compliance report form for equipment that operates on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) or hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) or chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) (PDF - 26.64 KB)
Compliance report form for equipment that operates on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) or hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) or chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) (DOCX - 37.37 KB)
Application and reporting forms
- Methyl bromide import and export application form
- Methyl bromide import and export reporting form
- Methyl bromide feedstock permit application form
Record keeping forms
Methyl bromide suppliers record keeping form (PDF - 108.2 KB)
Methyl bromide suppliers record keeping form (DOCX - 56.54 KB)
Methyl Bromide QPS record keeping form (PDF - 104.26 KB)
Methyl Bromide QPS record keeping form (DOCX - 56.02 KB)
Methyl bromide Feedstock record keeping form (PDF - 102.4 KB)
Methyl bromide Feedstock record keeping form (DOCX - 55.7 KB)
Methyl bromide non-QPS record keeping form - please contact the Department.
Translating and interpreting assistance
For translating and interpretation assistance telephone 131 450