Methyl bromide is sometimes used as a feedstock. For example, you can introduce methyl bromide into an industrial process to synthesise a new compound, in combination with other chemicals. This sort of use is permitted as the methyl bromide is transformed into another substance.
You can only use methyl bromide for feedstock purposes if you have a permit.
We will grant a permit to you if we are satisfied that:
- methyl bromide can be used as a feedstock for the chemical
- the proposed use will result in minimal emissions
- you are a fit and proper person.
Apply before the start of the year in which you will use the methyl bromide.
Email email@example.com or phone +61 2 6274 1373 to find out more.
A feedstock permit will include details of:
- the amount of methyl bromide you can use in a calendar year
- the nominated feedstock supplier
- what chemicals you can manufacture using methyl bromide.
If you use methyl bromide as a feedstock, you must report your usage to us at the end of each year.
If you use methyl bromide for feedstock uses, you must keep records of these uses. Keep these records for 5 years from the date of use. We may request a copy.