Waste separation and recycling in business office, a midsection
Business and industry have a unique role in reducing Australia’s plastic waste.
The Australian Government is encouraging industry to take greater environmental responsibility for the products and packaging they manufacture and what happens to those materials at the end of their life.
Actions for Businesses from the National Plastics Plan
- Phase out problematic and unnecessary plastics
- Plastic free beaches
- Industry shift toward easily recyclable plastics
- Waste exports
- Product stewardship
- Regional solutions
- National Packaging Targets
- Industry to use more recycled plastics
- Australian Circular Economy Hub
- Material performance standards
- Australasian Recycling Label (ARL)
- Combat ‘greenwashing'
- Operation Clean Sweep
- Shipping Waste
- Microplastics fibre filters for washing machines
- Circular Economy Roadmap