Person putting plastic bottle in recycling bin
In Australia plastics are disposed of in ways that do not benefit our environment, economy and people.
You can make a few small changes that will have a big impact on the amount of plastic we use each day.
Actions for consumers from the National Plastics Plan
- Phase out problematic and unnecessary plastics
- Plastic free beaches
- Australian Recycling Label (ARL)
- Combat ‘greenwashing’
- Consistent kerbside recycling collection
- Recycle Mate App
- Consistent Container Deposit Scheme (CDS)
- Microplastics fibre filters for washing machines
- Cigarette butts
- Communities Environment Program (CEP)