About this document
In 2017, the Department engaged Australian Continuous Improvement Group (ACIG) to undertake an evaluation of National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme (NTCRS).
The purposes of this evaluation were to:
- determine the overall quality and effectiveness of the NTCRS
- identify lessons learned and recommend areas for improvement of the NTCRS
- recommend whether NTCRS should expand to include other e-waste products
- identify lessons learned for potential co-regulatory approaches for other (i.e. non e-waste) products
- identify lessons learned for evaluating the effectiveness of other regulations.
This was designed to inform the statutory review of the Product Stewardship Act and development of a consistent approach to evaluating the effectiveness of other regulation administered by the Department.
ACIG consulted with participants and stakeholders in the NTCRS, evaluating the Scheme in terms of appropriateness, efficiency, effectiveness and impact, sustainability and improvement.
This report summarises their findings and recommendations.