About the report
The report addressed:
- the extent to which the objects of the Act are being met and whether they remain appropriate
- the effectiveness of the accreditation of voluntary product stewardship schemes and the Minister’s annual Product List in supporting product stewardship outcomes
- the operation and scope of the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme
- the interaction of the Act with other Commonwealth, state, territory and local government legislation, policy and programs, and
- international and domestic experience in the use of product stewardship to deliver enhanced environmental, social and economic outcomes through product design, dissemination of new technologies and research and development.
The report includes 26 recommendations in relation to the operation of the Act and the NTCRS, which were supported by the Australian Government.