The 2021-22 grant round is now closed.
2021-22 Successful applicants
The Australian Heritage Grants Program aims to:
- improve conservation, preservation and access to National Heritage listed place values, and access to National Heritage listed places
- enrich appreciation of the values of listed National Heritage places through improved community engagement.
What will the Program fund?
The Australian Heritage Grants Program provides funding for projects that do one or more of the following:
- maintain, protect and conserve the National Heritage values of one or more listed places
- improve access to one or more listed places
- improve engagement with, and awareness of, the values for which one or more listed places was listed.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible you must:
- be a site and land owner of one of the listed places (Appendix B of the Grant Guidelines), or have the support of the site and land owner of one of the listed places; and
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), unless you are not entitled to an ABN (information regarding ABN entitlement is available on the ATO website);
and be one of the following entities:
- a State/Territory agency or body
- a local government agency or body
- Commonwealth corporate entity
- an entity incorporated in Australia (includes registered land councils)
- a partnership
- an individual.
Please refer to the program grant guidelines for more details.
The application guidelines, application form, and grant agreement documents are available at the Australian Heritage Grants 2021-22 Grant Opportunity.
Applications were received online through business.gov.au and GrantConnect. The call for applications is now closed.
Acknowledgement of Australian Government funding
All grant recipients must acknowledge the support received through the Australian Government’s Australian Heritage Grants program in all publications, promotional and advertising materials, signs or plaques displayed at the location where the Project is undertaken, at any Project Event and otherwise at the times and in the manner as the Department directs from time to time.
“Supported through funding from the Australian Government.”
Where possible, recipients should also include the Australian Government logo when acknowledging the Australian Government funding. The file below contains two versions of the Australian Government logo, in multiple formats. Please use whichever is most appropriate for your situation.
Australian Government logos (ZIP - 486.89 KB)
For more information, go to: business.gov.au and GrantConnect, telephone: 132 846.