The 2016-17 round of the Community Heritage and Icons Grants Program provided funding for activities that will support community engagement with, and raise awareness of, places on Australia’s National Heritage List for their outstanding heritage value to the nation.
Applications closed 23 March 2017.
2016-17 was the last round for this Program and no further funding is available.
2016-17 Successful projects
28 applications were successful under the round with a total value of $269,752.40 (GST exclusive).
- 2016-17 Community Heritage and Icons Grants - Application Guidelines (PDF - 632.92 KB)
- 2016-17 Community Heritage and Icons Grants - Application Guidelines (DOCX - 399.74 KB)
- 2016-17 Community Heritage and Icons Grants - Funding Agreement (PDF - 704.33 KB)
- 2016-17 Community Heritage and Icons Grants - Funding Agreement (DOCX - 108.36 KB)
- 2016-17 Community Heritage and Icons Grants - Statutory Declaration (PDF - 176.69 KB)
- 2016-17 Community Heritage and Icons Grants - Statutory Declaration (DOCX - 18.52 KB)
Note: All Projects must be completed by 29 June 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Department has made available these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for your reference.
Acknowledgement of Australian Government funding
All grant recipients must acknowledge the support received through the Australian Government’s Community Heritage and Icons Grants program in all publications, promotional and advertising materials, signs or plaques displayed at the location where the Project is undertaken, at any Project Event and otherwise at the times and in the manner as the Department directs from time to time.
“Supported through funding from the Australian Government.”
Where possible, recipients should also include the Australian Government logo when acknowledging the Australian Government funding. The file below contains two versions of the Australian Government logo, in multiple formats. Please use whichever is most appropriate for your situation.
For further information about the 2016-17 Community Heritage and Icons Grants program, please contact the Department.
Telephone: 1800 653 004
Community Heritage and Icons Grants
Biodiversity Conservation Division
Department of the Environment and Energy
GPO Box 787
CANBERRA ACT 2601