The Aquatic Ecosystems Toolkit is a nationally agreed framework that provides a set of good practice tools for mapping, classifying and assessing the condition of aquatic ecosystems, and provides guidance to identify high ecological value aquatic ecosystems (HEVAE).
The Toolkit has been developed to complement existing assessment tools and is flexible in its application. The toolkit includes five modules:
- Module 1: Aquatic Ecosystems Toolkit Guidance Paper
- Module 2: Interim Australian National Aquatic Ecosystems (ANAE) Classification Framework
- Module 3: Guidelines for Identifying High Ecological Value Aquatic Ecosystems (HEVAE)
- Module 4: Aquatic Ecosystem Delineation and Description Guidelines
- Module 5: Integrated Ecological Condition Assessment Framework (IECA)
Murray Cod in Aquatic Eco System, Murray-Darling Basin Authority