National Inventory Report Volume 1: 2018 [9.3MB PDF]
National Inventory Report Volume 2: 2018 [17.3MB PDF]
Australia’s National Greenhouse Accounts are made up of a series of comprehensive reports and databases that estimate, and account for, Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions. The National Inventory Report fulfils Australia’s international inventory reporting requirements.
We submitted Australia's National Inventory Report 2018 under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Kyoto Protocol in May 2020:
- Volume 1: Australia's data for energy (stationary energy, transport and fugitive emissions), industrial processes and product use, and agriculture.
- Volume 2: Australia's data for the Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF) and waste sectors, recalculations and improvements.
- Volume 3: Australia's data for Kyoto Protocol LULUCF, Kyoto Protocol accounting requirements, glossary and references.
The National Inventory Report contains:
- national greenhouse gas emission estimates for the period 1990-2018
- preliminary estimates for 2019
It follows UNFCCC and Kyoto Protocol reporting rules.
Related emissions estimates
- State and Territory Greenhouse Gas Inventories 2018
- National Greenhouse Gas Inventory by Economic Sector 2018
- View all National Inventory Reports
- Read how we track and report greenhouse gas emissions
- Read how we project and estimate greenhouse gas emissions
If you have difficulty accessing information in these documents, contact us.