The Climate Projections Roadmap for Australia is a shared vision statement from the National Partnership for Climate Projections. It aims to develop a consistent approach to deliver comparable, robust, fit-for-purpose future climate information to assess climate risks and inform adaptation planning.
The roadmap outlines a collaborative approach to bring together existing initiatives from the partners:
- state and territory governments
- the Bureau of Meteorology
- Australian Government funded initiatives including the National Environmental Science Program (NESP) Climate Systems Hub and the Australian Climate Service (ACS).
It includes the production (e.g. model selection), higher level analysis (e.g., hazard assessments) and delivery of climate projections to enhance existing initiatives and nationally comparable climate projections information. The roadmap also seeks to increase collaboration over the longer term to guide investment in climate research and enabling research infrastructure. Through implementing the roadmap, the National Partnership for Climate Projections is building a community of practice across those designing, producing, and delivering climate change projections to address common challenges.
Infographic shows the structure of the National Partnership for Climate Projections with the logos of all the partners including state and territory governments and science organisations, supported by working groups on 3 themes:
- Climate change science and projections
- Technology, computing and data
- Climate services and user needs.
Read more about future climate change