Australia takes practical climate action based on the best available science and information.
The department is responsible for:
- national climate change adaptation strategy, policy and programs
- climate science coordination, policy and programs.
This work helps our nation to:
- understand and adapt to climate change
- prepare for the challenges and opportunities
- meet our obligations under the Paris Agreement
- contribute to global climate science.
How we support Australia to adapt to climate change
How we provide national climate science information to help Australians understand the potential impacts from a changing climate
How we support emissions reduction in Australia
In this section:
Adapting Australia’s unique environment to climate change
How we ensure our oceans are healthy, resilient and sustainable
Investing in nature-based solutions for adaptation and mitigation to climate change providing multiple benefits
The tools and services that help Australians limit the impact of climate change
Australia’s international climate change commitments, partnerships and actions