The consultation period for the Independent Review of Governance of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority closed on Friday 7 April 2017. Consultation documents remain available for reference only.
On 7 March 2017, the Minister for the Environment and Energy announced an independent review of governance of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority. The review focused on the role and composition of the Authority’s Board in supporting the functions of the Authority.
On 27 March 2017, the Independent Reviewer, Dr Wendy Craik AM, released a background paper to support submissions to the review.
Read the Terms of Reference and background paper for the review
Public submissions were invited from 7 March to 7 April 2017, and the Independent Reviewer met with targeted stakeholders during April and May 2017.
16 public submissions were received.
- Association of Marine Park Tourism Operators
- Australian Marine Conservation Society
- Ms Diane Tarte (individual)
- Burnett LMAC*
- Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand Inc
- Queensland Ports Association
- WWF Australia
- Australian Coral Reef Society
- Professor Richard Kenchington (individual)
- Australian Marine Science Association
- Mr Graeme Kelleher AO (individual)
- Global Change Institute
- Dr Leanne Fernandes (individual)
- Queensland Tourism Industry Council
- Australian Academy of Science
- Queensland Resources Council*
*modified for publication on request of the author