About the guidelines
A key commitment of the Australian Government’s Threatened Species Action Plan is to improve recovery practices. The Action Plan recognises the importance of the recovery team model as a governance system to drive implementation of recovery programs and to report on progress and effectiveness of threatened species recovery actions on the ground.
The guidelines provide an overarching framework for establishing and operating effective recovery teams, setting out a series of ‘best practice’ principles to guide and support recovery teams in establishing governance arrangements.
The guidelines include information on:
- When a recovery team is needed to aid in the management and recovery of a threatened species;
- responsibilities of a recovery team;
- tips for establishing a recovery team including membership and structure;
- a guide for developing terms of reference; and
- monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Should you have any queries regarding Best practice guidelines for recovery team governance and their use please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Recovery team guidelines query.